curl-users

again: wap

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:03:59 +0200

Hi,

kamadoll_at_excite.com wrote:

> I use Curl for WAP already - most WAP gateways are already
> translating WTP (or WTLS) to HTTP (or HTTPS ). And
> Curl does a great job on the translated content.

??? Could you specify this a bit more closer? I always thought that a wap
gateway does exactly the reverse thing, translating http into wtp.

> I am wondering why you would want to circumvent a gateway which
> in addition to doing the translation also provides valuable
> device and location information ?

I don't want to circumvent the gateway, i want to test its availability
and raise an alarm if it fails. therefore a commandline-tool like curl
that could be called as "curl wtp://bla.dom/page.wml" or something like this
would be a usefull thing.

Bye,
Georg