curl-users

Re: ssl connection returns nothing: HTTP_CODE 000

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:00:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Knowles, Brian wrote:

> I can hit SSL enabled sites and receive the pages back, however when I
> hit my site I receive nothing after the ssl connection is made.

Does it work to view the pages with your normal browser?

> For example, the following command:
> curl -v -S -w %{http_code} -3 -A Mozilla/4.0
> https://www.pge-nw.com/home.html

Keep it simple first, try 'curl -vi https://www.pge-nw.com/home.html', does
that say anything? Use the -i to display the headers of the page you
retreive.

> Am I missing a command line argument?

No.

> If not, could this be an openSSL problem? I'm receiving similar problems
> from lynx-ssl, complied with the same openSSL libraries.

It might be an OpenSSL issue, sure. You could try getting the very latest
OpenSSL version and try again. If lynx-ssl has the same problem as curl does,
it do indicate something like that.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77