curl-users

Re: Curl 7.0.8 configure troubles

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:49:46 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Rich Gray wrote:

> I've tried to compile 7.0.8 beta on four systems (NCR MP-RAS, SCO
> Openserver 5.0.5, AIX 4.3.2 and HPUX 9) and failed, seemingly because
> configure is generating a bad cc command line. The compilers on the
> first three objected to the -Wall option.

This is my fault. I've manually added the -Wall option to the Makefile.am
files so that the option gets added to the Makefiles. I've kept it present
for debugging purposes only, but as you note it will cause nothing but
problems when using non-gcc compilers.

I'll make sure to remove this when I release the next package.

> I also note that the configure stuff seems to lack the test for
> simultaneous -lnsl and -lsocket which NCR MP-RAS and SCO Openserver 5
> require to link.

I don't know how I managed to do this, but looking back I seems to have
mistakenly removed that fix a few releases ago! I'll put it back in the
upcoming release.

Thanks for the notes.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77