curl-users

Re: can't build 7.1 without SSL

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:24:04 +0200

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 04:06:36PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> OpenSSL builds and install static libs by default, and if this is the case
> then it won't work. I'd guess most linux users have them static.

i miss the point. dynamic libcurl is linked statically against static openssl,
if openssl is leaved alone with default settings, right? whenever a libcurl
client application loads it in memory, it loads the static openssl which is
in it. i can't figure out how that behavior could break my things.

please be clear and easy in your explanation, i'm not a great coder and i
have no shared library experience at all, so i don't know *many* things.

btw, i think that openssl package for debian installs dynamic libraries.
how can i do to understand if it install static too?

thanks

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://www.freeweb.org/free/cavok/
-[ unix is user friendly. it's just selective about who its friends are...