curl-users

Re: please help: password protected pages

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:12:56 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Ashraf Mohamed wrote:

(This seems like a libcurl issue and is CC'ed to the libcurl list)

> res = curl_urlget(
> URGTAG_FILE, stderr,
> URGTAG_URL, "http://mywebpage.com/cgi-bin/myfile.html",
> URGTAG_WRITEFUNCTION, resultHandler,
> URGTAG_ERRORBUFFER, errorbuffer,
> URGTAG_TIMEOUT, ltimeout,
> URGTAG_FLAGS, CONF_DEFAULT,
> URGTAG_USERPWD, "login:password",
> URGTAG_DONE);

I agree this looks fairly OK. However, you're using an ancient library
version. Libcurl version 7 is much more reriable and uses a better interface.
I'm sorry, but I really don't have time to go after bugs in old versions.

I strongly recommend you upgrade libcurl version and spend a little time to
adjust to the new API. If you still experience problems after that, I'll be
willing to look into this.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77