curl-users

Re: -m under Win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:46:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Ben Holko wrote:

> I read in the manual that the -m option doesn't "work fully" under Win32.
> I was using version 7.1.1 and was kinda hoping that it would be fixed in
> 7.2, alas, it is not.

Nope, it isn't.

> Is this the option I should be using as a timeout figure?

Yes.

> It seems to be the closest in description. ie, does: curl -m 5
> www.blah.com mean that it will attempt to connect to www.blah.com for 5
> seconds?

That's exactly what it does. Only it only works for unix-like systems.

> This is the only functionality that I want to use!

I'm open for suggestions on how to implement this on win32. I'm not a win32
guy.

I also have a sub project planned to add asynchronous name resolving for
curl, in order to make the timeout stuff better.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77