curl-users

RE: RE: ENV vars in config files?

From: Nico Baggus <nico_baggus_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 21:30:20 +0100

> For the record, I like Nico's idea (passing in ARGV-style
> arguments to curl) much better than the ability to reference
> ENVironment variables. That's exactly what I was thinking, I
> just couldn't quite put it in words.
>
> One issue with making built-in option names able to be used
> within other options the same as other variables is the risk
> that someone will use their own personal variable name that
> later becomes an actual curl option name.

I was also thinking for NT instead of unix only, that's why the
argument form came to mind... (and yes the xx=yyy form
just looks like the environment variable stuff... ;-)

The clash between builtins & usernames can of course be resolved
by

Either enforcing the Built-ins to be specified! in f.i. uppercase
        and the user ones in lowercase.
Or use a different introducer of names like ${internals}, %{user}

regards,
Nico Baggus