curl-users

config file changes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:07:58 +0100 (MET)

FYI:

Daniel (17 November 2000)
- Mucho updated config file parser (I'm dead tired of all the bug reports and
  wird behaviour I get on the former one). It works slightly differently now,
  although I doubt many people will notice the differences. The main
  difference being that if you use options that require parameters, they must
  both be specified on the same line. With this new parser, you can also
  specify long options without '--' and you may separate options and
  parameters with : or =. It makes a config file line could look like:

        user-agent = "foobar and somthing"

  Parameters within quotes may contain spaces. Without quotes, they're
  expected to be a single non-space word.

  Had to patch the command line argument parser a little to make this work.

- Added --url as an option to allow the URL to be specified this way. It
  makes way nicer config files. The previous way of specifying URLs in the
  config file doesn't work anymore.