curl-users

RE: file upload

From: Golestan Radwan <radwan_at_terrasat.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:02:16 +0100

Hi again

>What happens if you run:

> curl -v -T c:\try -P - ftp://ftpsync:password@ftp.terrasat.de

>With the -P - instead of naming a host? For some reason the server rejects
>the PORT command when given the IP address of 'ftp'.

thanks a lot for your quick response. You're right...I am behind a firewall
which rejects connection to port 4156, which is why I was using the PORT
option in the first place. When I tried removing the hostname as you
suggested it worked, so thanks a million.
One thing, though. I passed the full path of the file to upload (e.g.:
c:\try) and when I looked on the server the file was called "c:\try". It's
not a problem for me, as I could easily change the directory and upload from
the current one, but I thought this might be an issue for you to look into
in case you think it's worth it.

Thanks again very much.

Regards,

golestan.