curl-users

planning for IPv6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:08:10 +0100 (MET)

Hi

I've been doing some serious planning for the upcoming IPv6 adjustments in
curl. One of the things I need to get added is support for IPv6-style
numbered IP-adresses that is written as [<IPv6-style-IP-address>]. Getting a
web page from your localhost could be written "curl http://[0::1]/".

Now, this is a matter of parsing the string, but what is more important is
the []-clash. Curl currently does URL globbing based on the [ character and
thus this example above results in:

        error: illegal pattern or range specification after pos 9

Any suggestion on how I cleverly can detect this situation without changing
the globbing system?