curl-users

RE: Visual C++ 6.0 linking problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:03:53 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 chenfs_at_maxis.net.my wrote:

> I'm using the cURL version 7.6.1 (latest patch). I download the source
> code for the "libcurl" I having the problem to built it as a dll or lib.
> So I download the libcurl.dll and try to make the curl.exe ,
> unfortunately also got the linking error.

Ok, you probably can't link with that lib if you use VC++. Go back to compile
it all yourself.

Make a DLL project and insert all sources from the lib directory and build a
libcurl dll. Then use that DLL when you write your program.

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong , any sample i can refer to ???

Sample of what? There are libcurl using example code in the source archive
(docs/examples/).

> I think i'm choose the right toolkit since it is has the functionality
> use for transfer data.

I think so too. You just have to fight a little more to get it where you want
it.

(If any Windows skilled person feels like filling in details here, feel free,
I'm mostly guessing and assuming here...)