curl-users

Unsuccesful form login with curl

From: Michael Stearns <michael_at_datahost.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:04:32 -0700

Hello:

When I try this from the command line on my virtual server:

virtual curl -A "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)" -L
"https://www.foo.com:443/sc/servlet/UserAuthenticator?userId=xxxxx&password=
xxxxxxx"

I am returned a web page from the remote server that says that my password
was incorrect.

When I copy and paste the same url into my desktop web browser, I am
authenticated without problem and am logged into my user account on the
remote server.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what changes I can make so that the curl
request works identically to accessing the site through the standard
browser?

Thanks,
Michael Stearns