curl-users

Re: Telnet under win32

From: SM <nntp_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:38:29 +0400

At 21:41 04-07-2001 +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>Yep. I had the same idea at first, but I didn't want to use valuable CPU
>time just for polling stdin for every select() timeout.

I tested the code and I see that it doesn't hog the CPU.

>I like the WaitForMultipleObjects() approach better. It is of course a
>bigger change, but it feels like it is more the Win32 way of doing it.

I like the WaitForMultipleObjects() approach too as it is the correct way
to handle such a loop under Win32. I avoided taking that path unless it
was absolutely necessary as it is better to keep to the same code as far as
possible for all platforms.

Regards,
-sm