curl-users

Re: cURL and Curl (fwd)

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:50:32 +0200

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 08:07:49AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Now, I've actually been contacted by a representative from curl.com who's
> concerned about our identical names, the confusion it causes and generally
> asking if we have any good ways make them easier to deal with for the users.
>
> The mail is included below, I've only removed his email address to not expose
> him for anything. An interesting details is that the mail he is talking about
> (as an example of a confused user), was a mail that they received asking
> about libcurl! :-)
>
> I am *very* interested in getting your views and suggestions. How would you
> suggest we proceed?

Hm, i think you should make a (written?!) agrement with Curl Corporation, that
states that Curl and cURL are completely different products, that the
one has nothing to do with the other, and that neither you or Curl Corporation
will claim anything from the other party. You and Curl Corporation should
also add links to your websites, that link to the respective website and
perhaps to a page that explains this agreement to the users.

Bye,
Georg