curl-users

Re: configure can't find gethostbyname on cygwin?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:37:40 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, David Carter wrote:

> ./configure complains:
> checking for gethostbyname... no

I wish I could understand why this happens. cygwin should have gethostbyname
in the standard library linked without giving any additional lib when
linking.

Could it be that the script isn't allowed to write files in the directory? I
find it very odd that it fails to include "confdefs.h" in the checks.
confdefs.h is always created and used by the configure script.

> configure:7244: checking for gethostbyname
> configure:7281: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 conftest.c >&5
> configure:7250: confdefs.h: No such file or directory
> configure:7284: $? = 1

Anyone else with cygwin around that could dig into this?