curl-users

Re: hangs when receiving

From: Georg Horn <horn_at_koblenz-net.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:28:31 +0100

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 03:47:20PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
>
> > This one doesn't:
> > $ curl https://www.microsoft.com/MAC/download/OFFICE98/
>
> Can you please apply this patch and retry?

It works at least with all my examples that crashed or hung with 7.9.[123].
https://www.microsoft.com/MAC/download/OFFICE98/ works too, i think
the "* Closing connection #0" is printed before the last line of the
server answer because that silly Server doesn't print a CR/LF or LF after the
last line (Just direct the output into a file and open it with a real
editor, it says: "x" [noeol] 9L, 334C). So that lines sits somewhere in a
buffer if printed to stdout and gets only flushed if curl terminates and
stdout is closed.

Bye,
Georg