curl-users

Re: Slow DNS lookups compared to wget

From: Rick Richardson <rickr_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:04:24 -0600

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:17:08AM -0800, tengel wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:56:26AM -0600, Rick Richardson wrote:
> >
> > Are there any workarounds besides a painful domino-like upgrade of the
> > RPM and the several co-dependant RPMs (libssl, libcrypto, php)?
>
> I can't answer as to the DNS lookups, but the RPM upgrade can be much, much less painful -- just grab the .src.rpm and run "rpm --rebuild" on it, which will compile against your installed binaries (known to work on RedHat 6.2 and above).
>
> Make sure you have the -devel packages installed (openssl-devel, glibc-devel, etc).

Yeah, I thought that would be the least painful way, but I still
come up with the php RPM depending on libcurl.so.1.

Do you know if there is a way to tell rpm to upgrade to the new
package without remove the .so files from the old package?

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  rickr@mn.rr.com        http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Stock information at your fingertips:   http://linuxtrade.0catch.com/