curl-users

RE: 7.9.6 sparc-sun-solaris2.4 ftp timeout after connect?

From: Rich Gray <Rich.Gray_at_PlusTechnologies.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:04:29 -0400

> > Patch-ID# 101945-63
> [...]
> > 1171478 socket recv() calls fail with EINVAL due to bad fix in 5.4
>
> Looks promising.

The patches worked. Curl 7.9.6 now does FTP uploads very nicely.
Don't know if it was this patch in particular, but non-blocking recv()
getting EINVAL under solaris 2.4 is patchable. I'm sorry to have
sent everyone on a chase over an old OS bug.

The delay after connect is still there. I think it fooled me into
thinking there was some sort of problem that curl was not dealing
with correctly. Have to research that, now that I know it is not
what was making curl fail.

Now on to our other Unix systems! :-o

THANKS Daniel & Bjorn!!!

Rich