curl-users

Re: Compile question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:48:50 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Jonathan Nordell wrote:

> I am trying to compile cURL on an IBM NUMA-Q system running Dynix/ptx
> 4.4.7. When I run configure I keep getting "confiture: error: Can't work
> without an existing socket() function" and then exits. Does anyone have
> any ideas?

Quite simple: the configure script didn't find any socket() function and thus
you can't build curl. It needs socket().

This may have happened because the function is available in a system library
that the configure script doesn't check for. Can you bring any lights on
this?

--
  Cheers,
  Daniel Stenberg