curl-users

Re: Following meta redirects

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:08:00 -0500

Yeah, that would be the start of a slippery slope... I've been pulling
pages from a couple of boxes here that use javascript to perform
redirects. It makes up the new URL on the fly and then does:

    location.href=newurl

before it even gets to the html. In case the user has javascript turned
off, there's a meta-refresh tag that redirects to http://localhost:7001,
which is completely stupid, but I have no control over that... :) Curl
would always see the stupid meta refresh.
Ralph Mitchell