curl-users

Re: Getting the right frame output

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:39:52 -0600

As an example of this in action, I have a site here that uses two frames - a menu
frame on the left and a main display frame. Picking 'Login" in the menu frame
causes a login page to be displayed in the display frame. After supplying a
username and password, the display frame is refreshed and among other things the
new page contains a javascript fragment with:

    window.open ('menu.php3', 'menu');

which updates the menu frame. Not rocket science, but enough to make the menu
frame update invisible to curl.

So, here's an idea - once you've done the POST (login, or whatever) can you go
back and fetch the original frame page again, extract the urls that define the
frame contents, then fetch each one all over again in a controlled manner?

In other words, do the POST and collect any cookies that come back, then
effectively do what a browser would do if you hit the "refresh" or "reload"
button...

Ralph Mitchell