curl-users

RE: FTP server issue in 7.10.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:25:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> What I did find that worked is to add the following line at the top of
> ftpserver.pl:

> use open OUT => ':raw';
>
> This is a pragma that sets a default I/O LAYER for all output; this would
> actually affect the text files which are created, but it doesn't seem to be
> a problem.

This doesn't work with older perl versions. I tried with perl 5.00503 and it
failed miserably. I guess we need to make it conditional somehow on the perl
version.

> This output was very helpful in determining whether the change above
> actually worked, however something within cygwin is now broken, with
> regards to the use of --trace, and curl is core dumping any time I use a
> trace option. Since you have a cygwin machine, would it be possible for you
> to take a look at this? Try running even something simple like `curl.exe
> --trace tracefile http://some.working.address/`, and I suspect you'll see
> what I mean...

Yes, I get the same problem. I haven't yet been able to fix it or even find
out exactly why it crashes, but I can see it happens when it wants to free
the user agent string.

> p.s. : I'm uploading a new copy of the curl-7.10.4-1-cygwin-src.tar.bz2
> tarball; please replace my initial version with this new one, containing
> this patched ftpserver.pl.

It is replaced now.