curl-users

How to use CURL + proxy + telnet - is it possible?

From: DeiBRAL <deibral_at_interia.pl>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:19:08 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to send a data using CURL to whois database on port 43 via
telnet. The problem is, that the connections are limited to 100 per day, and
if a have in ex. 100 visitors a day and one person checks let's say 10
domains, my IP reaches the limit after aprox. 10 visitors. So I decided to
have the array of proxies which would be randomly selected and allow me to
have higher limits on the queries. I would choose randomly one proxy server
and put the connection to whois via telnet using this proxy.

The problem is that I can't establishe the connection using CURL library. Is
it possible to do this anyway or I totaly misunderstood the idea.

Thanks in advance.
Dei