curl-users

RE: Problem with SecurID + NTLM Authentication

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:54:10 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: tdf
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:33 PM

> I've set up a static password for the SecurID test
> account and that portion of the authentication works
> fine. However, cURL does not seem to be following the
> SecurID redirect.

> I'm using curl-7.10.6-7 and the command line I'm using
> is:

> curl -x <proxy_server_address>:80 -i
> --location-trusted --ntlm -u <account>:<password>
> -d "username=<account>&passcode=<password>"
> https://<owa_server_name>/WebID/sdiis.dll -v

<<snip>>

> Refresh: 1; URL=/

I could be wrong, but I don't think curl supports "Refresh" style redirects. When you specify --location-trusted, you're telling curl to go ahead and follow *this* type of redirect:

Location: http://owa_server_name/

The "URL" it provides appears rather generic, so it should be possible for you to add a second curl command that requests that page again (providing the NTLM authentication again and also providing the cookie you received from the first request). That's probably your best bet here.

- Kevin