curl-users

Cannot upload file via http

From: Chris Snider <Chris.Snider_at_Tagtmi.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:40:17 -0600

Hi,

I'm attempting to upload a file via http. I wanted to use the "-F" option
to do this however it doesn't seem to be working at all or I'm using it
incorrectly. I've also used the "-d" option and tried posting directly to
the MailboxServlet but it generates errors.

Here is what formfind.pl shows when running formfind.pl
https://www.testsite.com/cehttp/html/upload.htm

--- FORM report. Uses POST to URL "/cehttp/servlet/MailboxServlet"

Input: operation=UPLOAD (HIDDEN)

Input: data_format=B (RADIO)

Input: data_format=A (RADIO)

Input: mailbox_id (TEXT)

Input: batch_id (TEXT)

Select: put_flag

Input: trigger_flag (CHECKBOX)

Input: sourcefile=testfile (FILE)

Input: Submit (SUBMIT)

--- end of FORM

Here is my curl command using the -d option going directly to the
MailboxServlet script

curl -b /tmp/cookietest2 -L -d operation=UPLOAD -d data_format=A -d
mailbox_id=BOBSMITH -d batch_id=TEST_FILE -d put_flag=ignore -d
sourcefile=/home/bsmith/TEST_FILE
https://www.testsite.com/cehttp/servlet/MailboxServlet

It generates this error

<HTML>

<HEAD><LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" name="defaultstyle"
href="/cehttp/html/style.css">

<TITLE>Servlet Response Message</TITLE></HEAD>

<H2 align=center>The following information has been returned.<H2>

<HR>

Your HTML page format is incorrect.

<HR>

</BODY></HTML>

Here is my curl command using the -F option going directly to the user form

curl -b /tmp/cookietest2 -L -F operation=UPLOAD -F data_format=A -F
mailbox_id=BOBSMITH -F batch_id=TEST_FILE -F put_flag=ignore -F
sourcefile=@/home/bsmith/TEST_FILE -F Submit=Submit
https://www.testsite.com/cehttp/html/upload.htm

It generates this error

curl: (56) Received problem in the chunky parser

Here is what I'm running

curl 7.9.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b) (ipv6 enabled)
on RedHat Linux 8 kernel 2.4.20

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris