curl-users

RE: Need help with Installation

From: Sengupta, Nilanjan <nsengupt_at_comsearch.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:16:47 -0500

Hi,

I resolved the earlier issue and curl now seems to have installed just fine. libz.so is no longer an issue for me. However, I need this mainly for https and its not working. Here is what I get when I try to connect using "curl -u username:pasword <https site url> -v"

* About to connect() to <https://mysecuresite.com:443>
* Connect failed
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) Connect failed

I did a curl -V which gives --

curl 7.11.0 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) libcurl/7.11.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: SSL libz NTLM

So, I guess https should be working. There is a proxy on our way out. Could that be the problem? I tried appending "- proxy <proxy_name>:<port_number>". It connects to the proxy and then fails when it tries the https.

http works fine. No complains there.

Eagerly waiting for your response.

best regards,

Nilanjan