curl-users

Re: cannot ftp for 64 bit curl v-7.10.7 in the OS HP-UX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:56:25 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Usha wrote:

> My reply is highlighted red in colour.

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#html

Not here.

> 0000: PWD
> <= Recv header, 40 bytes (0x28)
> 0000: 257 "/home/usha" is current directory.
> == Info: Entry path is '/home/usha'
> => Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
> 0000: EPSV

And how does curl return from this? It seems as if curl sent this command and
then nothing more happened? Perhaps the server got crazy when it got an EPSV?

> Yes, Just as initial step I tested whether i could just login via ftp ,
> still i have long way to go like to ftp a kerborised server. Just for now
> can u suggest me whether this version (7.11.1)supports kerbors ver-5x.

curl doesn't support kerberos5, no. So, yes, that's a long way to go! ;-)

> > > test 086...RUN: Unknown HTTP server is running on port 8999
> >
> > Something else is listening on your port 8999 so the curl test server
> > can't run there as it wants to.
>
> But after checking with netsat | grep 8999, and confirming that itz not
> used. I started the test suite.

Ok, there's also the risk that the test suite doesn't run fine on HP-UX. That
output above is produced when the test suite checks port 8999 to see if
there's anything there or if it can fire up its own http server on that port.

To get the complete picture you'd need to investigate further.

> > PWD
> < 257 "/nowhere/anywhere" is current directory
> * Entry path is '/nowhere/anywhere'
> * Telling server to connect to 127.0.0.1:65535
> > PORT 127,0,0,1,255,255

It seems unlikely that curl actually wanted the server to connect to this port
number, as it is the highest one available.

Can you break in ftp_use_port() and see if it really gets this port number?

> > LIST
> < 150 here comes a directory
> * Timeout while waiting for server connect

If there was a confusion about what port to use, this would be the result.