curl-users

RE: FTP CWD problem introduced with 7.11.x

From: Ridley, John <john.ridley_at_thomson.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:13:27 -0400

> I am probably not going to be able to use curl anyway, since it appears
that
> curl doesn't allow FTP access via a socks proxy (as soon as you say
"socks"
> it says "http" even if the url says "ftp")

I wouldn't mind having it work. If it doesn't work today, it is because no
one
ever wanted to do it and thus never made it work. Personally, I've never
even
been near a SOCKS-proxy and I have thus never been able to work on the socks
code. I can't see anything in the source code that implies HTTP just because
you enable a socksproxy.

Of course, you can take that as a showstopper or a challange. I can't tell
you
what to do.

Well, we do need to learn SOCKS for another unrelated problem, so once we
get some experience, it's possible we'll do some work and submit some code
back.