curl-users

Re: HTTP-PUT fails

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:19:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Chidanand Gangur wrote:

> I am trying to upload a file using HTTP-PUT I am trying the same example
> which is given on the curl web site [httpput.c]

I suggest you use the curl-library mailing list for libcurl programming
issues.

I also suggest that you start with using the curl command line tool and make
sure that can PUT a file first, until you know you have your server-side setup
properly.

> I am using apache 1.3.29 with mod_put as my web server and Linux RH 8.0 is
> my OS. When I tried running the program I find that the file is created in
> the directory which I have specified but the file is empty that is zero byte
> file. Why is it so ? I tried tweaking some configuration parameters in
> httpd.conf but alas ...

... use -v and/or --trace and --trace-ascii to see exactly what is sent and
received. If needed, post the info to a curl list and we might be able to help
out further.

> Are there any changes required in the web server. Or any changes in the
> httpd.conf I am very new to the world of http-put

This list is for the curl tool, not for configuring apache. You'll get a lot
better responses on these questions on an apache-related mailing list I'm
sure.