curl-users

RE: cURL truncating upload file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:12:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, James Smith wrote:

>> And no error message or anything?
>
> Nope, no errors at all, in fact last time I ran it manually from the command
> line (normally it runs from a script) it even returned a Success.

Ok, then it is a bit harder to debug.

Does the Content-Length: header in curl's request use the correct size?

Have you any control of/insight in the receiving end? What does that say about
this?

If you track the TCP connection (using a network analyzer like ethereal or
similar), can you see if this connection is closed down by an initiative from
the curl side?

Can you repeat this problem on another server?

How big file do you need to get the problem to appear? Does it always happen
or just sometimes?

Would it be possible for someone like me to try/debug a command line usage
against a server that shows this problem (if we take the credentials and
addresses etc privately)?