curl-users

RE: FTP Account Request

From: Ian Ford <ian_at_firstb2b.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:36:44 -0000

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for that it worked first time.

However we are now getting another error that suggests to me that the FTP
server we are connecting to is far from standard. I know if I connect
manually using ftp, before we can do anything we have to switch passive mode
OFF, by entering "passive". I tried "PASV" but it refused that command.

Below is the ascii trace file, but if this proves to be too non standard
then please let me know.

== Info: About to connect() to ftp.btedinet.com port 21
== Info: Trying 193.113.146.122... == Info: connected
== Info: Connected to ftp.btedinet.com (193.113.146.122) port 21
<= Recv header, 68 bytes (0x44)
0000: 220 L2_EDI*Net EDI Direct FTP Service (EDI2.9 [EEA520.4.05]) Rea
0040: dy
=> Send header, 17 bytes (0x11)
0000: USER ******************
<= Recv header, 26 bytes (0x1a)
0000: 331 Password is required
=> Send header, 17 bytes (0x11)
0000: PASS ******************
<= Recv header, 25 bytes (0x19)
0000: 332 Account is required
=> Send header, 11 bytes (0xb)
0000: ACCT ****************
<= Recv header, 25 bytes (0x19)
0000: 230 ***************** Logon ok
=> Send header, 5 bytes (0x5)
0000: PWD
<= Recv header, 40 bytes (0x28)
0000: 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
=> Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
0000: EPSV
<= Recv header, 40 bytes (0x28)
0000: 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
== Info: disabling EPSV usage
=> Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
0000: PASV
<= Recv header, 29 bytes (0x1d)
0000: 502 Command not implemented
== Info: Odd return code after PASV
== Info: Connection #0 to host ftp.btedinet.com left intact
=> Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
0000: QUIT
<= Recv header, 47 bytes (0x2f)
0000: 221 L2_EDI*Net EDI Direct FTP Service closing
== Info: Closing connection #0

Ian