curl-users

Re: WPAD, PAC files, and FindProxyForURL()

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:34:38 -0600

Nearest I got to that was pushing a .pac file through the Mozilla
SpiderMonkey javascript engine in a Bourne shell script. My notes on
that are in the curl mail archive, sometime around 2002, I think.
I'll look them out when I get to work tonight.

As for doing it in a browser, I suppose it ought to work, provided the
FindProxyForUrl() is exposed to the web page, which it may not be.

The FindProxyForUrl() function is supposed to return either DIRECT, or
the url of the proxy, in the form of http://proxy.domain.com:80/.

Ralph Mitchell