curl-users

Re: 'make check' fails due to no valgrind.pm

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:24:30 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Laurent Demaret wrote:

> Is there some "danger" not to do the "valgrind.pm" test ?

It isn't a test. The valgrind.pm is a module for the test suite that does some
valgrind magic. You may not even have valgrind around and then it wouldn't be
used at all.

But AFAIK, all tests run clean even with valgrind present.

>> Those are the interesting ones. The 241 case is mentioned in the KNOWN_BUGS
>> I believe

> I am not an unix (or even a mac os) guru and ipv6 is new for me. In my
> /etc/hosts I've ::1 declared as localhost, is ::1 the IPv6 one or should I
> add the one presently used by the machine ?

You don't need to do anything, but if you want the test to run OK without
modifying, then you need to add a 'ip6-localhost' as ::1 in your /etc/hosts.

This too is more a problem with the test suite than with curl itself.

> make: *** [Curl.o] Error 1
> /usr/bin/make -- NOT OK

> So I thought before asking for help I had to use last curl version but then
> I got thoses troubles while running tests .

I don't think those problems will be fixed by running the latest curl. I think
you need to downgrade to something old to avoid them. But I'm not sure, I'm
not keeping up with the perl binding's inner workings.