curl-users

problems adding a certificate to curl-ca-bundle.crt

From: Gerhard Pfeiffer <gp_at_bnbt.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:48:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm using libcurl 7.13.1 (according to curl-config --version) and am
having problems adding a certificate to the curl-ca-bundle.crt-file.
I tried it using openssl as described on
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html .

Is it enough to put the block between BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END
CERTIFICATE (including the lines with BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END
CERTIFICATE) or do I have to put more into the curl-ca-bundle.crt?

Do I have to do anything else? Google showed something like c_rehash,
but the only information I found about that is, that it creates symlinks
pointing from the md5-hash of the certs to the cert itself. I now have a
symlink in /etc/ssl/certs (that's the path openssl on debian seems to
use), but it didn't help.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Ciao,
  Gerhard