curl-users

R: Invalid direct reference error message when calling toj_security_check

From: Philippe Paclet <paclet_at_dada.it>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:33:12 +0100

Thank you to Daniel and Dan for they answers.
Especialy for pointing me to LiveHTTPHeaders which I did not know yet.
To tell the truth, although with a few years working with LWP perl lib,
 I discovered that curl existed only very recently too.
Curl + LiveHTTPHeaders seem great to help me in a work I used to do only 'by
hand'.

As for my problem, which is now solved: I must apologize because the mistake
was mine;
in all my tentatives to lay down the correct script (getting used to curl
options),
I forgot the -b option on the command line calling for the j_security_check
!
That was the reason for 400 err mesg.
But things didn't ended there: passed the login page, the answer was a
redirection but
when pointing to the rediction page got a 404 Not found!
Because the login seemed to me correctly passed though, I just insisted and
decided
 to point to what should have been the subsequent pages and got tru!
I have not yet understood the 404 mystery but no doubt that studying more
thorouly the
logs of liveHTTPDheaders I may one day understand.
Thanks again and long live to curl (which, by the way, helped a lot in an
other issue
that stuck LWP, i.e. an occasional (and seemingly random) switch of the IP
the server uses to answer to requests and that curl handled perfectly).

Phil Paclet