curl-users

Re: Delayed Response from CURL for Link Failures

From: Srikumar Bonda <srikumar_at_mail.mic.co.in>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:17:51 +0530

Yes...I m physically removing the link at my system for verifying the application.
At the time of Link Failure, The Application is not coming out with CURLE Return code. It is blocking at curl_easy_perform()
I am not using any kind of threads.
File Uploading & Link Monitoring are two different application but both are using the libcurl API.

I am using CURL API in linux

Then consider using the curl-library mailing list instead!

When the FTP Link is active, i am able to upload the files to the remote
server. Paralelly i am checking the Availability of Remote Server by sending
an empty request from CURL to the server (It's from a seperate Exe/process)
similar to PING. When i disconnect the link manually when file uploading, i
am not getting the Response about the Link failure from CURL immediately.

How do you disconnect the link "manually"? Aha, are you talking about
physically pulling the plug?

Its taking more time to get the status.

I don't understand this statement. It takes more time for who to get what
status? You mean that the second thread gets info slower?

But in the Absense of File Transfer, Its giving an immediate responce for
Link Failures.

I don't see how the second thread can be affected by the existance of another
libcurl thread running or not!