curl-users

Re: unknown curl problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:27:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Davies, Simon wrote:

> I'm getting the following message.
> "curl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
> for the inconvenience."

That is not a message curl says. I'd say you have many options to what could
be the one responsible for this message, but here's my two best offers:

  1) curl crashes and you have some monitoring tool that pops up this message
     when things like that happen. I've seen windows machines with such stuff

  2) you don't use an unmodified curl version, but one that someone has
     modified

> When I click the button for more information, I get the following.
> "AppName: curl.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
> ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00019ecd"
> If I then click the button for technical information I get some sort of
> hex dump.

That certainly sounds like option (1) from above. You probably get some stack
strace or register dump or similar.

> Does anyone know what this error is and what causes it?

You need to give us more details first. Like what curl version and more
exactly what command line you use. Preferably even what the server responded
(like when recorded with --trace-ascii).

> This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Limited, ABN 19 001 011 427. It is
> confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was
> addressed

I wouldn't post confidential mails to public mailing lists. It feels like an
oxymoron. But that might just be me.