curl-users

Re: Crash on FTP and --dump-header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:00:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Ben Madsen wrote:

> First off, hello to everyone. I wanted to express my appreciation for such
> a solid program and library set. Truly a great resource to work with.

Thanks!

> I came acrossed a problem that I was hoping somebody here could help me
> with,

I'll be happy to assist... Let me first start to say that I haven't see this
happen on any host/system.

> I'm trying to use the --dump-header option on the command line curl client
> with the FTP protocol.

Does it happen on any URL with no other option? Just like:

  curl --dump-header foo ftp://ftp.sunet.se/ ?

Does it happen every time?

> On my HP-UX systems it works fine. However, on my Linux based platforms
> (using glibc) I get the following crash at the end of the program:

When you say "Linux based platforms", does this mean you use the same glibc
version on them all and they all show this problem?