curl-users

Install Question

From: Bob Cohen <bcohen_at_bpecreative.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:09:12 -0400

Hi. I just installed version 7.14.1 on my Linux box to support a
recompile of PHP which requires cURL 7.9.8 or higher . I did a source
install ./configure, make, make test, and make install. There were no
real complaints from the test. PHP continues to complain about an
incorrect version of cURL. When I type curl -V/ it says, sure enough,
that I'm still running: "curl 7.9.5 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl
7.9.5 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b) (ipv6 enabled)" That's probably the Red Hat
RPM. So I'm confused. Do I have to remove the RPM? I guess I kind of
thought the source install would trump, as it were, the old one. Sorry
if this is a basic question. I'm still pretty new to linux
administration. Thanks in advance for the help. :-)

--
Bob Cohen
Principal MojoTools and b.p.e.Creative