curl-users

Re: IIS and Kerberos problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:52:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, frank.vantol_at_bt.com wrote:

> This gets me 1 step further, the POST is indeed retried with
> WWW-Authenticate. I also see the library checks the validity of my Kerberos
> ticket in the trace.
>
> However i keep getting this error and even with running -vvv i get no more
> details. I have yet to browse the code for hints...

-v is the only level of verbose so -vvv adds nothing extra (--trace and
--trace-ascii output more data).

> < HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
> < Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
> * Authentication problem. Ignoring this.

This header indicates that libcurl had a problem with autenticating you. More
precisly, the function Curl_input_negotiate() in lib/http_negotiate.c returned
an error.

I know very little about these areas, and the guys who wrote the original
support for this are all gone since long. There are't even any test cases for
it, so it might've been accidentally broken during development.

I'll appreciate help and insights from clueful people.