curl-users

Re: LibCurlNet: SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO error with secure ftp site

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:04:21 -0800

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 02:56:40PM -0800, Bailo, John wrote:
> Ok, I'm trying https now -- I use the https in the URL and that seems to
> trigger it to use https.
>

> But this is what happens next: it throws a page not found error.
>

> I have confirmed in the debugger that it is setting the URL to this site:
>

> https://secftp.targetbase.com/
>

> Which you can clearly click on and connect to through a browser.

And, when you clearly click on a connect to it through a browser (e.g.
Mozilla) it complains that it doesn't recognize SSL certificates issued
by "DMSP Certificate Authority". You need to either find that CA's public
key and add it to your certificate bundle, or force curl to ignore
certificate verification using the --insecure command-line option or
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to 0.

>>> Dan