curl-users

Re: Reading a router

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:09:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Alan Reinhart wrote:

> I'm enclosing a 'dumpfile' which appears to be close to what the -v option
> produced.

Well yes, but in this we can see the chunked encoding meta data and ponder
what parts that confused curl. I suspect you might experience a bug that we
have fixed in a later curl version.

> <title>Motorola Terminal Adapter Status</title>
> <frameset cols="195,*" frameborder=NO border=0 framespacing=0>
> <frame src="side.html" scrolling=NO>
> <frame src="startupdata.html">
> </frameset>
>
> Which is basically what I see when I do a View Source with Safari.

That's simply a web page using frames. You also want to get one of the frames
for the info you see in your browser.

> Just entering the URL/IP to pretty much any browser produces a proper page.
> Is the frameset confusing curl?

No, but curl doesn't follow links in any way and thus not frame tags.