curl-users

Re: cURL code debug: Help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:13:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Kabir Patel wrote:

> I am in process of debugging some code which uses Curl Lib for FTP. (via a
> proxy server mostly)

Then I'd advice you to use the curl-library mailing list instead, as there's
where the libcurl hackers hang out.

> cURL version: 7.8.1

You should really consider upgrading. That version is more than five years old
in a project that's soon nine years old - more than half the project's life
time has elapsed _after_ that release. We've come A LONG way since then.

> 1. Can anyone elaborate the differences between following three
> commands: (I am new to this tool and usually lost in the options)
>
> curl -m 7200 -v -s -S -U user:pass -x IP <ftp:URL>
>
> curl -m 6000 -v -s -S -U user:pass -x IP -u user:pass <http:URL>
>
> curl -m 6000 -v -I -s -S -U user:pass -x IP -p -u user:pass <http:URL>

Why not simply look up the manual for each option you use? We do spend
significant time and efforts writing it. It would be nice if you at least
checked there first, and then ask specific questions about details if it still
isn't clear.

> 2. Can I download a file from a FTP site in Passive mode using cURL (7.8.1)
> via a proxy server, if yes, any ideas on command options to be used?

I already answered this the other day to your previous mail. What in my reply
wasn't detailed enough?