curl-users

Server Response

From: Michel Lemieux <Michel_Lemieux_at_publi-script.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:38:09 -0500

Hi all,

I have to add some FTP capabilities to a piee of software (AppleScript
Studio on XCode 2.4) I am writing. For this I need to access a FTP Server
and replicate its directory structure.

Since I Implemented this "solution" I manged to parse the the text returned
by the server after issuing a "curl" request.

Of late however the server response has changed its contents (or format?).
Mind you that could very well be that my parsing module (which was built to
optain the desired information with the response I was getting at the time,)
is not properly setup.

Question #1:
Is there a STANDARD in how any FTP Server should reply to such request?
If so, where can one see what that is?

Question #2:
Is it possible to get the whole FTP directory (recursive?) in one call?
I am currently issuing a new "curl" request for found folder, this is too
slow to my liking...

Question #3:
I am currently issuing "do shell script" commands that uses an OS shell to
to deal with "curl", is there a better way and if so are there any example
on our to implement it?

Sorry if that has been addressed in the past but those mail archives are a
pain to search though...

TIA

Michel Lemieux