curl-users

Using curl to test a file_upload CGI script

From: E. Mark Floyd <efloyd_at_jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:01:21 -0800

This may be more of a question for general knowledge of web programming.

I have a file upload utility I would like to test out using Curl, but I
am not sure how to parameterize the file binary data in the POST/GET
request in Curl.

This is a vanilla CGI upload script. I'm not asking how to FTP a file.
I'm asking how to properly format a POST request that has 3 text-based
parameters and a binary file; something I can use with Curl to simulate
the user performing the file upload via browser.

Regards,

- Mark