curl-users

Re: Bug in cURL?? (command line w/ "--local-port" option)...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:10:10 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Scott Fletcher wrote:

> The port number for FTPS command port is 20021 and the port number for FTPS
> data port is in the range of 20050 to 20750.

Hold it right there.

20021 is the remote port number. You use passive FTP so the server is
responsible for setting up the second port to connecto to, so thus curl cannot
dictate anything about what remote port number it will use.

--local-port sets the *local* port number of a connection (as connections have
port numbers in both ends).

What exactly does that port number requirement for the "data port" mean?

> The response I got is that port 20050 can't be used and it start using port
> 20051 and then it stopped working with no responses.

At what point did it stop?