curl-users

Re: How to Log Error Message From

From: Daniel Beardsmore <public_at_telcontar.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:44:02 +0000

UGH. I could not recover this message off either computer (Again, I
forgot to select the right outbound address for this frigging list. Why
does no-one learn to take care of people's e-mail addresses?) Let's hope
I can remember what I said before....

Mahesh Ramamurthy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have curl set up and using it in a perl script and things are
> working fine. What I would like to know is if we can log the error
> messages given out by CURL.

Is the plan to both show *and* log the message, or log the message only?
If the latter, you can just redirect the stderr and stdout streams to
the file, like curl (args...) 2>> thelog (for stderr -> log); the >>
appends to the file, > overwrites.

My UNIX syntax (assuming this is UNIX or another POSIX environment) is
rusty on this, but if this is what you want, someone may be able to
correct me here on this!