curl-users

RE: Need to compile curl 7.12.3 in 32 Bit

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:42:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Sagar Sirdesai wrote:

> Also while compiling without any options I am get the below error
>
> checking for curl_off_t... yes
> checking size of curl_off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
> (curl_off_t), 77
>
> What does this error refers to .

It means that the cofigure script fails to detect the size of the typedefed
type called 'curl_off_t' which in your case equals 'off_t'.

If you check the config.log after the failure you should see the exact test
code that failed, and perhaps you can dig around to figure out why it
failed...

If you did that on an old curl version, it often happened due to it not being
able to use one of the libs it had previously detected it would need (due to
bad LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar). Another reason to try a later version really.