curl-users

Re: Make IE behave like curl - Use same session

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:08:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Nikhil Utane wrote:

> First of all let me apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask this
> question.

For asking about curl this is the right place, but asking about how to get
Internet Explorer to do what you want, it is not.

> But when I open a new IE window and access this URL it becomes like a new
> session which I don't want.

That's probably because the site uses session cookies and such cookies should
be removed after a session is done (and browsers do that on quit). It's just
that for curl, sessions never end until you explicitly ask it to.