curl-users

Re: closing connections on mac ppc and mac intel

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:47:51 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Louie Genduso wrote:

This is highly libcurl-specific talk, I recommend you to take further
discussions on this to the curl-library list where you'll reach more libcurl
hackers.

> - i am using libcurl 7.16.1 on both mac ppc osx 10.4 and mac intel osx
> 10.4
> - i use the following 2 lines of c code to close all the open connections

[...]

> - is there another way to close all the open connections?
> (w/o calling curl_easy_cleanup())

Why on earth do you want that? I further, I don't think there's any docs that
claim that your function call sequence will have that effect.

> - why does CloseConnections() not work after a ftp get (it
> works on all the platforms except mac ppc and mac intel)

I'm not getting the bigger picture of what you're doing so I can't really
explain this - other than that you are relying on side-effects of that the
function is documented to do.

Are you using the multi interface perhaps?

I don't think there are any platform-specific differences in how libcurl acts
in this department.

> p.s. we have found libcurl to be quite good

Thanks!